Starting at an ELC, preschool or kindy can be a scary experience but it doesn’t have to be. We find that parents play a big role in children’s confidence when starting at our ELC.
Some different ways you could help your child feel confident about starting at ELC are:
- If you (as a parent) feel nervous try not to let it show
- Tell them good things about the ELC and how much fun they will have
- Come and join in our Flourish Playgroup on Fridays, so your child gets to know the centre and feels comfortable here
- Get them to try on their uniform and give lots of compliments
- Invite kindy friends over to play