When your child starts at our ELC, we will help them get used to the centre and settle in. Most of what you can do to help them get ready for ELC will be helping them to be independent and to do things for themselves.
Some ways you can help prepare your child for ELC are:
- Teach your child to put their shoes and socks on independently
- Take a packed lunch to the park and talk about what you eat at fruit time, snack time and at lunch time.
- Get them to carry their own bag places and to unpack and pack it themselves
- Discuss rules in different places (e.g. the pool, the park etc)
- Play games as a family and talk about the rules and taking turns
- Teach them to go to the toilet independently.